My Elastic Pants Headlines

Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas Comes But Once a Year

.. So recently I attended our office 'end of year celebration' the party rocked, food decent but when it came to dessert one of my colleagues said the Tiramisu was nice.. After taking a sample I beat my chest and said 'mine was better' (perhaps I had one glass of Prosecco too many) but I promised that I'd let the guys in the office try my Tiramisu before Christmas.

Without blowing my own trumpet after publicly announcing there was tiramisu in the fridge it was DEVOURED in 15 minutes!!!! Needless to say they were either:
1. Really really hungry 
2. The tiramisu was good

I'd like to think the latter! For those of you who are interested here's the recipe 

Tiramisu
500g mascarpone cheese
2 eggs (white separated)
2 packets of Italian ladyfinger
Coca Powder
1 Cup of Coffee (black)
4 tablespoons of cognac 
3 tablespoons of Cointreau 
3 tablespoons of Kahlúa

Directions
1.Whisk egg whites into soft peaks
2. Incorporate Cointreau, mascarpone and egg yolks together
3. Incorporate coffee, cognac and Kahlúa
4. Fold egg whites with mascarpone mixture
5. Dip Italian ladyfingers in coffee for the first layer
6. Add a 1-2cm layer of mascarpone
7. Dust with cocoa powder
8. Repeat steps 5 to 7
9. Refrigerate overnight 

And well that's all there is to it! Of course you can add more/less alcohol if you wish. Should you not be into alcohol substitute the Cointreau with orange zest!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails