My Elastic Pants Headlines

Friday, September 12, 2014

I Ain't No Shrimp

Thought I'd get myself back into updating this little blog of mine. On a recent trip to the supermarket I picked up their in-store cookbook / catalogue and decided to give one of their "one-pot wonders" a try. So here's the Daab Chingri recipe from Arijit Das:

Daab Chingri - serves 4 (actually two of us finished it)

Ingredients
500g large tiger prawns
4 tablespoons of onion paste 
1 teaspoon of garlic paste
1 large green coconut (I used two smaller ones for each of us)
2 tablespoons of mustard oil (I used sesame oil)
2 teaspoons ginger paste
6 large green chillies ground to a paste
1 tablespoon of poppy seeds or almond paste
3 tablespoons of Mellon paste (I used ground cashews)
2 teaspoons tumeric powder
1 teaspoon mustard paste

So here are some of the ingredients

Directions
Lightly salt (and devein) the prawns 30 minutes prior
Remove the top of the coconut and save the coconut water
Blend some of the coconut flesh into a paste (1/2 cup)
Sautéed onion with mustard oil, add garlic, chilli, poppy seeds
Add Mellon seed, mustard, coconut and tumeric. Season to taste.
Add prawns and cook
Add prawns and sauce to coconut and bake in oven for 20 minutes at 120 degrees Celsius 

Here is the finished product (with black quinoa)

Yummy yummy


Om nom nom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails