My Elastic Pants Headlines

Friday, October 25, 2013

The No Cheat Way to Yummy Char Siew

 

IMG_9787

I’ve had the craving for Char Siew rice (BBQ Pork Rice) for little over a week now during my lunch hours; but I’ve never been able to statisfy the craving due to all the stalls I’ve wanted to eat at having long queues.  So I decided to take it upon myself to try making my own char siew at home.

I managed to pull this recipe from the internet; revised it partially, so here it is my interpretation of making char siew rice.

Ingredients

  • 2 tablespoon of Oil
  • 1 teaspoon Salt
  • 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
  • 1 teaspoon Kecap Manis
  • 1 teaspoon White Pepper powder
  • 2 tablespoon Honey
  • 2 tablespoon Sugar
  • 2 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
  • 1 tablespoon Chinese wine
  • 2 cups Water

Directions

  1. Add oil to a heated wok
  2. Add pork and after 5 minutes, add all ingredients into the wok and simmer for 40 minutes or till the pork is tender enough.
  3. Remove most of the sauce.
  4. Caramelize the meat in medium heat. Add some honey. About a minute or two per side.
  5. After the Char Siew is done, coat lightly with some honey

That’s it, you’re done.. how easy was that?

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to invite you to join our site www.erecipe.com . I really enjoy your blog and recipes and I think the over 8,000 unique daily visitors to eRecipe will too.
    By joining eRecipe, we will provide the Nutrition Facts for every recipe you post in which you could customize and add to your blog. Viewers need and love to know the nutritional facts. Its a free service that we offer to blogs and recipes we really love. It looks professional and your members will love it.
    Simply visit www.erecipe.com or contact me at michelle@erecipe.com. We look forward having you in our network!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails