My Elastic Pants Headlines

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Da Bomb-a!

For the longest time I've been trying to find a decent plate of paella here in Singapore; you know paella, Spanish rice cooked in a pan and served to you as is!

I'd almost given up trying to find a place, but was suggested to I try Bomba at no. 38 Martin (Martin Road). Apparently they serve the best paella in Singapore. Well I had to go and see for myself what all the fuss was about, so off I went!

The establishment is a quaint little place with two seating areas; one area at the front of the restaurant and another to the side as you walk in the door. Cosy is what I would describe it as and there is an eerie mural on the wall that looks strangely like Penelope Cruz!

The food itself is on the slightly pricey side; sadly it's pretty much the norm over here, but I have to say each dish was quite good. On our little eating escapade we ended up ordering:

Arroz Negro - delicious and luxurious finely chopped squid and squid ink melded with butter and the bomba rice just tasted so decadent, I had to finish it off
Paella Valenciana - the traditional drier paella, wholesome and flavorful, though the chicken was a tad dry
Sautéed clams - simple, clean and downright tasty
Classic tortilla - a potato based cake of goodness
Grilled Octopus - devilishly tender yet so flavorful and moist, this was everyone's favorite
Gambas Al Ajillo - a cocoette of prawns in a rich olive oil, galric, chili and parsley. We couldn't get enough of the sauce

And to finish off the night I ended up ordering the Pineapple Gazpacho, Basil and Black Pepper Granite. Truly delicious!

If you're out to impress a friend or just up for some close to authentic Spanish paella and tapas this is the place to go! Be warned though you've got a limited seating window and you meal may break the bank! But who wants to die an unhappy eater?

















No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails