My Elastic Pants Headlines

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Howl at the Moon

Austin Texas

IMG_2409 [1024x768]
Moonie’s Burger House
12001 Burnet Road
Austin Texas 78758
512 837 5400
This place would have to be one of my best finds while I was roving around Austin!  Having just finished a mentally taxing meeting I was looking for something quick to go yet filling to eat.  After being directed by an attendant at a mall towards a taco place I stumbled upon this nonchalant burger join (it turns out later I discovered that the Taco Shack was just across the road).
The smallish little hole in the wall was filled with locals happily, quietly munching on what looked like enormous burgers.  I had to get me one of those!  I rocked up to the counter and proceeded to scan through the menu.  Being short on time I picked out their California burger, I placed my order and waited, and waited and waited!
The place was that popular the number of orders were banked up so things were looking promising food wise.  My main concern was being able to get my food out in time to be able to make it back to the office in time for my next meeting.
The California Burger - Guacamole, bacon, pepper jack cheese, lettuce & tomato.  All that for a measly USD5.49.  I opted for their combo meal which comprised of a 32o.z drink of my choice and fries, not that much I thought to myself, but when my order came out I almost fainted! The fries were a meal by itself.  On the car ride back to the office I was salivating.
I have to say the fries were crispy on the outside, light and fluffy on the inside (I only managed to finish 1/2).  The burger was delicious; the patty was moist and flavorful, coupled with the bacon, cheese and guacamole I was grinning with every mouthful.  The drink my goodness was as huge as the one that I bought at whataburger, I can say it would have lasted me a whole week!
I thoroughly enjoyed my meal; despite having to shovel it in as fast as a could (due to time restrictions).  I learned much later from a colleague base in Austin the Moonie’s is a go to place when he has a burger craving, and after munching through one of their burgers myself I now know why, they’ve been voted “best burger and fries” for 4 years running.. so they must be good!
Moonie's Burger House on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails