My Elastic Pants Headlines

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Hot Diggity Dog

Good Dog Various Locations In and Around Houston Texas


Good Dog Hotdogs

You’d think I’d have had my fix after almost biting off more than I can chew at Bernie’s Burger Bus I decided to head out the next morning for some not so ordinary hot dogs.  A date was set to travel out to a nursery of all places to get my hot dog fix and I wasn’t to be disappointed.


As I mentioned I found the food truck parked within a nursery at one of the ‘leafy’ suburbs in Houston, it was nice start to a Sunday morning.
The dogs available from Good Dog Hotdogs are all locally produced items, from the sausages they use to the buns where the sausages sleep.  Their menu consist of a myriad of wonderful sounding hotdogs: from the Good Dog, the Ol’ Zapata to the Guac-a-dog I was spoilt for choice.


With so many choices I selected the Ol’ Zapata – a tasty pork sausage coupled with bacon, muenster cheese, caramelized onions, tomatoes, jalapeno relish, ketchup and mayonnaise.


This hotdog was divine; I couldn’t get enough of the jalapeno relish and the cheese.  I desperately wanted to eat another but knowing I was going to hit another food truck in a short while after I erred on the side of reason.

Good Dog Hot Dog (Food Truck) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails