My Elastic Pants Headlines

Friday, September 2, 2011

Coffee Anyone?

@Sin Ming Bakery / Cookhouse / Whatever


One thing I love ordering at dim sum (if it is available) are the coffee cooked pork ribs.  “Pork ribs cooked with coffee?” I hear you say, yes that’s right the bitter taste of coffee infused with the sweet tasting meat of pork, it just works!
Here’s the recipe for the coffee pork ribs.  I think the next time I cook it I’ll try leaving the ribs long and uncut and also perhaps try BBQing them!

Ingredients
  • 1 cup strong coffee
  • 1 teaspoon cornstarch
  • 1 egg white
  • 1 head garlic, minced
  • 3 tablespoon dark soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoon sugar
  • 1/3 cup white or shaoxing wine
  • 1/2 kg pork ribs (preferably with some fat)
  • 2 tablespoon oil
  • Pinch of toasted sesame seeds
Directions
  1. Combine all ingredients, except pork and oil, to form marinade
  2. Marinate pork overnight, turning every six hours
  3. In a large wok, heat oil
  4. Take the pork out of the marinade
  5. Fry pork till cooked. Add some marinade for sauce
  6. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds
Aside from the coffee pork ribs, I also made steamed egg (sadly it was an epic fail on my part) and some stir fried beans with prawn floss (which I learnt from the Chilli Padi).
Prawn Floss with Beans
Coupled with a bowl of steamed rice and well that’s my little meal of Chinese for the nite
Bon Appétit – Sidney

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails