My Elastic Pants Headlines

Monday, August 1, 2011

Luxe-ing it Up!

Sin Ming Cookhouse / Bakery / Whatever

Who would have thought that instant noodles could be “luxe-ed up'? I found myself making some instant noodles yesterday; I needed something ‘quick and dirty’ to eat after cleaning the house, so instant noodles (while not the healthiest option) came to the fore.  I looked inside the pantry and had a few options to choose from; Kimchi noodles & Tom Yum noodles.  Having eaten Thai the night before I thought I’d make a trip to Korea Smile

pro_kimchi

Instant Noodles <> Unhealthy and Bland

Now here is where things got a little strange; after watching an episode of Australian MasterChef a few days before, I was inspired to try something a little different.  I took a look in the freezer and found that I had some frozen prawns and mussels, so lets’ make a seafood bisque!

Ingredients – Kimchi Ramen with Seafood Bisque

  • 1 packet of Kimchi Ramen instant noodles
  • 4-6 medium prawns
  • 4-6 mussels
  • 1 tablespoon of salted butter

Directions

  1. Boil water with flavor sachet as per packet instructions’
  2. Add prawn and mussels and simmer for 20-30 minutes
  3. After 5 minutes remove two prawns and two mussels and set aside
  4. Using a hand blender, blend soup until all pieces of prawn and mussels help form a thicker soup base
  5. Add butter and continue to blend
  6. If you would like a smooth bisque pass the broth through a strainer
    • If you would like the ‘foam’ hand blend the broth again
  7. In a separate pot boil water and cook noodles until al dente
    • Rinse through with hot water (helps remove the waxy taste)
  8. Place noodles in broth and top with remaining prawns and mussels

And well that’s it!  Not that hard at all right?  So what have you tried to Luxe up recently?

Bon Appétit – Sidney

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails