My Elastic Pants Headlines

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Chicken Cordon Bleu–Reinvented

Sin Ming Cookhouse / Bakery / Whatever

When I was but a young boy I remember my first ever trip to a “fancy” formal dinner being someone’s year 12 high school graduation in the city.  Looking back there I was young and naïve being all dressed up in a penguin suit, but I still remember to this day it being the first time I was introduced to eating a tasty Chicken Cordon Bleu.  Although it sounding very French the dish invented in America!

Anyways I found myself in the mood to try and recreate this dish (I’d previously cooked this here) but with a twist.  Instead of placing the bacon and cheese inside a chicken breast and rolling it, I thought of mincing the chicken meat then encasing the bacon and cheese with the minced meat.

Ingredients

  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • Slices Swiss/Emmental  cheese
  • Slices cooked ham/bacon
  • 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs

Directions

  1. Place chicken breasts into blender and puree, or until there are no more lumps of meat
  2. Season chicken paste with salt and pepper
  3. “Pour” three table spoons of chicken paste to a chopping board and flatten to approximately 2cm thickness to resemble a rectangle
  4. Place cheese slice and  ham slice on top of rectangle
  5. Carefully fold over / roll the chicken paste around the bacon and cheese so it looks like a “spring roll”
  6. Take the “spring roll” and coat it in bread crumbs
  7. Shallow fry until golden all over or bake for 15 to 25 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink

IMG_1038 [1024x768]

The end result it a delicious piece of evenly encased bacon/cheese to chicken meat, totally worth the extra bit of effort!

Bon Appétit – Sidney


Chicken Cordon Bleu on FoodistaChicken Cordon Bleu

5 comments:

  1. I love your step by step tutorial.I found you from the foodie blog roll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this chicken cordon bleu widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about chicken cordon bleu,thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alisa, I hope that you and the rest of the community out there give the recipe a try.. it's quick and simple to follow, most of all it's pretty easy to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very easy to follow recipe! Thanks Sidney! :) Made it for my sis's birthday and she loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks magz. Glad you had fun making it and your sista enjoyed eating your home cooked (which is always in my opinion) food!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! looks so yummy! i'll gonna try dis one!! tnx for d' recipe...:D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails