My Elastic Pants Headlines

Friday, April 1, 2011

What’s Wrong With You? Chicken?

@ Sin Ming Cookhouse / Bakery / Whatever

To some people plonking themselves in front of the tele is their idea of ‘chilling’; for me on the other hand I find myself most as calm and happy either being out in the sun or being in the kitchen trying to cook up a storm.

So here I found myself in the kitchen armed with a variety of ingredients (mostly left overs from previous days cooking). On hand I had the following ingredients to play with: Marinated beef, asparagus, white button mushrooms, a whole chicken, on the vine tomatoes and rosemary.

Roasted Rosemary & Madeira Chicken

Ingredients

  • Lemon
  • Chicken (whole)
  • Salted Butter
  • 1/2 Cup Madeira Wine
  • Rosemary
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Mushrooms
  • Tomato
  • Honey
  • Any other vegetable you would like to roast with

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees
  2. Clean chicken
  3. Carefully lift the skin of the chicken from the flesh with your fingers and insert generous amounts of butter
  4. Quarter an onion and insert with two stems of rosemary into the chicken cavity
  5. In a bowl soften 50g of butter and mix with 2 tablespoons of honey, a few de-leafed sprigs of rosemary, madeira wine and pepper
  6. Brush chicken liberally with butter marinade
  7. Arrange vegetables in roasting tray
  8. Place chicken in oven and cook for 45 minutes basting chicken with remaining marinade every 10 minutes after the first 20 minutes of cooking

IMG_8741

Beef Wrapped Asparagus

Ingredients

  • Asparagus
  • Marinated thinly sliced beef
  • Salt
  • Toothpicks

Directions

  1. Lightly salt the asparagus
  2. Take 3-4 asparagus stalks and wrap them in a piece of marinated beef, fix beef in place with a water soaked tooth pick
  3. Cook in oven/oven toaster for 10-15 minutes

IMG_8738

Plate you vegetables and chicken on the plate; garnish with a touch of olive oil and volla!

Bon Appétit – Sidney

2 comments:

  1. This does look great. I do a similar thing with bacon wrapped asparagus. great post, easy to follow directions and amazing photos... well done, hope to see you posting more often

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy! Thanks so much for the positive feedback. For a while there I wasn't sure whether anyone out there was reading my blog. Trust me, the more I eat/cook the more I'll post up!

    I've tried the bacon with the asparagus many a time before. Have you ever tried wrapping dates in bacon as well?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails