@ Sin Ming Cookhouse / Bakery / Whatever
To some people plonking themselves in front of the tele is their idea of ‘chilling’; for me on the other hand I find myself most as calm and happy either being out in the sun or being in the kitchen trying to cook up a storm.
So here I found myself in the kitchen armed with a variety of ingredients (mostly left overs from previous days cooking). On hand I had the following ingredients to play with: Marinated beef, asparagus, white button mushrooms, a whole chicken, on the vine tomatoes and rosemary.
Roasted Rosemary & Madeira Chicken
- Chicken (whole)
- Salted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Madeira Wine
- Any other vegetable you would like to roast with
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees
- Clean chicken
- Carefully lift the skin of the chicken from the flesh with your fingers and insert generous amounts of butter
- Quarter an onion and insert with two stems of rosemary into the chicken cavity
- In a bowl soften 50g of butter and mix with 2 tablespoons of honey, a few de-leafed sprigs of rosemary, madeira wine and pepper
- Brush chicken liberally with butter marinade
- Arrange vegetables in roasting tray
- Place chicken in oven and cook for 45 minutes basting chicken with remaining marinade every 10 minutes after the first 20 minutes of cooking
Beef Wrapped Asparagus
- Marinated thinly sliced beef
- Lightly salt the asparagus
- Take 3-4 asparagus stalks and wrap them in a piece of marinated beef, fix beef in place with a water soaked tooth pick
- Cook in oven/oven toaster for 10-15 minutes
Plate you vegetables and chicken on the plate; garnish with a touch of olive oil and volla!
Bon Appétit – Sidney