@ Sin Ming / Cook House / Bakery / Whatever
So do you remember my previous post where I partook in a cooking class corporate bonding excursion: The Chef in You? Well I decided that I would try one of the recipes that I learnt; Baba Ghanoush or grilled eggplant paste with some Marinated Roasted Lamb and Pita Bread.
Marinated Roasted Lamb
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup dry red wine 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 3/4 cup extra olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon crushed dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, freshly cracked
- 2 racks of lamb, (1 1/2 pounds each)
- Combine the lemon juice, red wine, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard and brandy in a microwave-safe mixing bowl. Whisk in the olive oil a little at a time. Add the rosemary, garlic, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Trim the fat from between the ribs and trim the excess covering of fat from the meat.
- Place the lamb in a container or large plastic roasting bag, pour the marinade over the lamb, and refrigerate overnight. Remove the lamb from the marinade (reserve marinade) and let lamb sit for 30 minutes at room temperature before roasting.
- In a small saucepan bring the reserved marinade to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a heavy saute pan over high heat, sear the lamb for 1 to 2 minutes on both sides.
- Place the lamb on a rack in a roasting pan and then place in the oven, reduce the temperature to 400°F, and roast for 20 minutes or until done. Remove the lamb from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with the cooked marinade, as desired.
- 3 Whole Eggplants
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Tahini
- 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 Clove of garlic
- 1/2 Tablespoon of yoghurt
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Char the eggplants over an open flame until soft
- Peel and set aside
- Blend in food processor: Tahini, garlic, lemon juice, yoghurt
- Add eggplants and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper
- Place in a bowl, pour a generous amount of olive oil, sprinkle with paprika and pomegranate seeds then serve.
Bon Appétit – Sidney