My Elastic Pants Headlines

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Ice Ice Baby.. Green Tea Ice Ice Baby

@Sin Ming Cook House / Bakery / Whateva

Truth be told I love ice cream, the smooth soft velvety texture of it sliding down the back of your throat.. ah pure bliss!

I had a container of whipping cream lying unused in the fridge, and with the chili padi not around I decided to make full use of the cream and whip up a batch of some Matcha Ice Cream with the Chili Padi’s xmas present.. the Taurus Ice 1518 my flavor: Matcha (Green Tea).

TaurusIcecreammakerIt looks like a Cylon.. Kinda..

So here’s the recipe for my Matcha Ice Cream:

Matcha (Green Tea) Ice Cream

IMG_0209 

Ingredients

  • 300mL whipping cream
  • 100mL condensed milk
  • 20 grams matcha powder (or as much or as little as you would like)
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence

Directions

  1. Whisk the cream with an electric mixer while slowly incorporating the matcha powder*
    • When I made mine I didn’t have matcha powder on hand so I used 4 green tea bags and infused them with the whipping cream over a hot stove
    • Allow the cream to cool and whip until soft peaks form
  2. Stir in the condensed milk and vanilla essence with a spoon.
  3. If you are using tea bags you may want to add some additional food coloring to get your ice cream that soft green that you know and love when you get the green tea in a store.
  4. Freeze in a container for 12 hours or if you have an ice cream maker place mixture into machine and follow your machines recommended instructions

And so there you have it.. Since I didn’t have any mochi on hand I used marshmallows and chocolate bits for my garnish!

IMG_0207Green Tea Heaven 

Bon Appétit – Sidney

4 comments:

  1. hey! did a google search on the taurus ice cream maker (just upgraded from a kenwood to a taurus) AND your blog is the only one I've found with reference to anyone owning it.

    I have some questions, if you don't mind helping me out! First of all, I know the paddle stops mixing if the ice cream is too solid (just as my kenwood did too), but I tried the machine out for the first time today and for some reason it stopped at the 30th minute mark? I don't know why! The ice cream was still LIQUID (and yes, I did chill my mix prior to churning).

    It's so annoying! I tried turning the machine of and on again but it just refused to mix :S So now I'm left with BARELY churned ice cream which has remained pretty much the same volume as it did before churning (aka no air was incorporated into it ARGH!)

    Sorry for the lengthy rant! Hope you can help =)

    - Amrita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey matey.. sorry for the late reply.

    Sounds to me like the condenser of the unit itself could be spoiled. When the machine stopped after 30 mins did you recall if the bucket was cold when you removed it from the machine? If it wasn't then you should send it back to the place of purchase since I am assuming it is still under warranty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sidney, was looking up reviews on Taurus and came across your site. I saw Mayer selling Taurus and was wondering if I should purchase it. Would you be able to share your opinion of this machine? (Can't seem to find any review online) Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there. I bought a Taurus ice cream maker but it didn't come with a manual! Tried asking the store for it but it was the last one. Would anyone be able to send me the manual if you hv one. Appreciate it! My email address is fuchsiabees@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails