@Sin Ming Cook House / Bakery / Whateva
Truth be told I love ice cream, the smooth soft velvety texture of it sliding down the back of your throat.. ah pure bliss!
I had a container of whipping cream lying unused in the fridge, and with the chili padi not around I decided to make full use of the cream and whip up a batch of some Matcha Ice Cream with the Chili Padi’s xmas present.. the Taurus Ice 1518 my flavor: Matcha (Green Tea).
So here’s the recipe for my Matcha Ice Cream:
Matcha (Green Tea) Ice Cream
- 300mL whipping cream
- 100mL condensed milk
- 20 grams matcha powder (or as much or as little as you would like)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Whisk the cream with an electric mixer while slowly incorporating the matcha powder*
- When I made mine I didn’t have matcha powder on hand so I used 4 green tea bags and infused them with the whipping cream over a hot stove
- Allow the cream to cool and whip until soft peaks form
And so there you have it.. Since I didn’t have any mochi on hand I used marshmallows and chocolate bits for my garnish!
Bon Appétit – Sidney