@Sin Ming Cook House / Bakery / Whateva
One of the earliest ‘expensive’ dishes that I can ever remember tasting was Chicken Cordon Bleu; breaded chicken breast stuffed with cheese and ham then slowly oven roasted or fried.. yumo! Well at least back then I thought that things couldn’t get any better than that, how naive!
Anyway, in an attempt to cook this dish myself one nite a month back I came up with this little recipe, it turned out to be not too bad so I thought I would share it with you.
Chicken Cordon Bleu with Beef Wrapped Asparagus
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices cooked ham
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Grated Grana Padano Cheese
- Truffle salt
- Corn Flour
- 2 Eggs
- Pound the chicken breast to a 1/4 inch thickness
- Place cheese and ham on top of each breast
- Roll up each breast and secure with a toothpick
- Coat chicken in corn flour
- Dip in beaten egg and heavily coat the chicken in bread crumbs
- Shallow fry chicken in oil 10-15 minutes on each side, strain and allow to cool
- Places strips of cheese on top of each cooked breast and allow to melt
The asparagus can be oven baked by either wrapping them in marinated slices of beef or bacon.