My Elastic Pants Headlines

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Porky, Rice and a Little Something on the Side.. Nawisamphan Style!

@Sin Ming Cook House / Bakery / Whateva

Since as long as I can remember I’ve been a fan of Char Siew, that and a bowl of fried rice and I’m a happy chappy, so when chef Ban and Sebastien offered to cook fried rice I thought “Time to get some char siew a cooking”.

Char Siew and Rice - Nawisamphan IngredientsFried rice chef Ban style is well unique; you take all the tasty elements of Thai fried rice, then you add a little bit of Ban to it, I gave up trying to work out what flavors were at play in it; you know how it is your mothers cooking just tastes better no matter what high end restaurant you go to serving the same type of food.

Char Siew PorkWith my Char Siew pork ribs cooking nicely in the oven (I forgot how many times I kept basting the puppy! It was almost time to eat.  Fried rice + Char Siew = Happy Chappy!

Nawisamphan Fried Rices SpecialTo top the evening off chef Ban gave me a quick lesson on how to make a fabulous mustard sauce.

Prawn Salad with Mustard SauceThis sauce jazzes up even the most plain and boring salad!  Thanks again chef Ban!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails