@ Sin Ming Cook House / Bakery / Whateva
I was looking through my pantry the other day and was wondering what I had to cook with; it was a case of old mother Hubbard. When I got there the cupboard was bare :) In actual fact all I had that was sitting the fridge was a packet of mince pork and potatoes. What’s a boy to do?
Flicking through my cookbooks I managed to find a recipe for Mince Pork with Potatoes and Peas in “Singapore Heritage Food” – Sylvia Tan. Here’s the recipe in all its glory, with a little twist from yours truly, do note though I halved the ingredients.
- 500g Pork mince
- 1 Large onion
- 2 Potatoes skinned and cubed
- 250g Frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon Dark soy sauce
- 1 small Cinnamon stick
- 3 Cloves
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- Heat oil in a pan
- Sauté onions till soft and fragrant
- Add mince and break up meat with a fork to brown
- Add potatoes, cinnamon and cloves
- Season with soya sauce, salt and pepper
- Add additional Indonesian Kecap Manis
- Mix well and add 1/2 cup of water and simmer (to soften potatoes)
- When the potatoes are tender, add peas. Mix well.