My Elastic Pants Headlines

Friday, August 6, 2010

Chinese Meat Pie

@ Sin Ming Cook House / Bakery / Whateva

I was looking through my pantry the other day and was wondering what I had to cook with; it was a case of old mother Hubbard.  When I got there the cupboard was bare :) In actual fact all I had that was sitting the fridge was a packet of mince pork and potatoes.  What’s a boy to do?

Flicking through my cookbooks I managed to find a recipe for Mince Pork with Potatoes and Peas in “Singapore Heritage Food” – Sylvia Tan.  Here’s the recipe in all its glory, with a little twist from yours truly, do note though I halved the ingredients.

Mince Meat with Potatoes and Peas

Ingredients

  • 500g Pork mince
  • 1 Large onion
  • 2 Potatoes skinned and cubed
  • 250g Frozen peas
  • 1 teaspoon Dark soy sauce
  • 1 small Cinnamon stick
  • 3 Cloves
  • Pepper
  • 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil

Directions

  1. Heat oil in a pan
  2. Sauté onions till soft and fragrant
  3. Add mince and break up meat with a fork to brown
  4. Add potatoes, cinnamon and cloves
  5. Season with soya sauce, salt and pepper
  6. Add additional Indonesian Kecap Manis
  7. Mix well and add 1/2 cup of water and simmer (to soften potatoes)
  8. When the potatoes are tender, add peas. Mix well.

Mince with Potatoes and Peas

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails