@ Sin Ming Cook House / Bakery / Whateva
I was watching Food Safari the other day and I saw this fantastic recipe for rice pudding. It brought back memories of when I was growing up as a child, my grandma used to make me chocolate porridge – Samporado so when seeing this recipe for Arroz con Leche I decided to try and make this myself. This recipe was taken and adapted from the Food Safari site, you can find the actual recipe here.
- 250g medium grain rice
- 1.25 litres (5 cups) full cream milk
- 1 or 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 strip of lemon rind
- 395g can, sweetened condensed milk
- Ground cinnamon
- Place rice in a saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain rice and set aside.
- Heat milk with cinnamon stick and lemon rind. When this comes to the boil, add the rice.
- Stir constantly over low heat until rice is half cooked.
- Add condensed milk and continue stirring until rice is cooked.
- Spoon into individual serving dishes and dust with ground cinnamon.
- Serve either hot or cold
Sadly I slightly undercooked the rice, next time I’ll try cooking it for another 10 minutes, but on the whole I found it totally yummo! Perhaps next time I will try using glutinous rice!