My Elastic Pants Headlines

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Spanish Rice

@ Sin Ming Cook House / Bakery / Whateva

I was watching Food Safari the other day and I saw this fantastic recipe for rice pudding.  It brought back memories of when I was growing up as a child, my grandma used to make me chocolate porridge – Samporado so when seeing this recipe for Arroz con Leche I decided to try and make this myself.  This recipe was taken and adapted from the Food Safari site, you can find the actual recipe here.

Arroz con Leche - Ingredients Ingredients

  • 250g medium grain rice
  • 1.25 litres (5 cups) full cream milk
  • 1 or 2 cinnamon sticks
  • 1 strip of lemon rind
  • 395g can, sweetened condensed milk
  • Ground cinnamon

Arroz con Leche - Cooking Directions

  1. Place rice in a saucepan and cover with water.
  2. Bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes.
  3. Drain rice and set aside.
  4. Heat milk with cinnamon stick and lemon rind. When this comes to the boil, add the rice.
  5. Stir constantly over low heat until rice is half cooked.
  6. Add condensed milk and continue stirring until rice is cooked.
  7. Spoon into individual serving dishes and dust with ground cinnamon.
  8. Serve either hot or cold

Arroz con Leche - Finished

Sadly I slightly undercooked the rice, next time I’ll try cooking it for another 10 minutes, but on the whole I found it totally yummo!   Perhaps next time I will try using glutinous rice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails