@ Sin Ming Cook House / Bakery / Whateva
Well here I am back again in the kitchen; with left ingredients in the fridge I set about making a Japanese version of the Italian favorite Fettuccine Carbonara. I took this recipe from this months Food & Travel magazine and modified it as I didn’t have mentaiko left from Sunday’s big cookout.
So here we go; Kurumaebi Pasta in all it’s glory:
- 150g Fettuccine Pasta (or any flat pasta)
- 5 Fresh medium shrimps / prawns, deveined & butterflyed*
- 1/2 Teaspoon of salt
- 30g Unsalted butter (softened)
- 3 Tablespoons of Japanese Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Yellow Onion (sliced)
- 6 Rashers of bacon (thinly sliced)
- 1 Packet of shimeji mushrooms (cleaned and separated)
*original recipe calls for 2 sacs of mentaiko
- Bring water to a boil and cook pasta, drain and set aside
- In a small bowl, combine butter and mayonnaise
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes. Mix in bacon and mushrooms, shrimp. Add salt and pepper to season and cook for a further 5 minutes constantly stirring.
- Set aside prawns and a few mushrooms and bacon to garnish.
- Turn off the heat add pasta to the remainder of ingredients in the pan, add the mayonnaise mix and incorporate everything well.
- Once everything is mixed well, add it to a plate for eating; garnish it with the prawns, mushrooms and bacon that was set aside previously.