My Elastic Pants Headlines

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Busy Weekend of Pasta and Chocolate!

@ Sin Ming Cook House / Bakery / Whateva

Last weekend went by with a flurry; the new KitchenAid has really seemed to have given me a huge kick on the cooking backside!  I found myself spending the weekend cooking away (with the help of the Chili Padi & my proxy little sista).

Over the course of 48 hours we managed to make a whole new batch of Angel Hair and Fettuccine pasta; with that saw each of us grabbing a handful of yummy pasta and creating our own meal for dinner.  The two girls managed to make themselves some Japanese pasta sauce, while I on the other hand decided to make my new default dish (the thing you cook when you really cannot think of what to cook): Aglio Olio Fettuccine with Seared Steak.

Agio Olio Pasta with Steak On top of that I wanted to try yet another recipe from Elizabeth Falkner’s: Demolition Deserts cook book.  This time I managed to make a nice chewy chocolate chip coffee laced cookie aptly named: Chocolate^2 Chip Espresso Cookie.  Here’s the original recipe from the book, though I have to admit I made a few little ‘adjustments’ to suit my own tastes!

Chocolate Chip Espresso Cookies - Ingredients Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 Cups of all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 Cup of Cocoa powder
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Baking soda
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Baking powder
  • 2 Teaspoons of finely ground Espresso powder
  • 1 Cup of Unsalted butter
  • 3/4 Cup of Brown sugar
  • 1/2 Cup of White sugar
  • 1 Large egg
  • 1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
  • 1/2 Teaspoon of salt
  • 1 1/3 Cups of Semi-sweet white chocolate chips

Directions

  1. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and coffee
  2. Cream butter and sugars (brown and white) until smooth
  3. Add egg, vanilla extract, and salt until combined
  4. Add the dry sifted ingredients to the bowl and combine
  5. Add white chocolate chips until evenly mixed
  6. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
  7. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
  8. Scoop 1 inch balls of cookie mix and place on tray leaving a gap of approximately 2-3cm between each
  9. Back the cookies for approximately 8 minutes in the oven or until they are puffed and still look slightly wet in the center
  10. Transfer to cooling racks and cool

Chocolate Chip Espresso Cookies - FinalAnd well there you have the easiest cookie recipe you could ever want!  I must say I’m really beginning to love this new cooking book!

Bon Appétit – Sidney

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails