My Elastic Pants Headlines

Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Little Piece of Sydney in Singapore

@ Sin Ming Cook House / Bakery / Whateva

Whenever I’m back home in Sydney a visit to Harry’s Cafe de Wheels is a definite must stop.  It’s only been a few months since coming back from Sydney; yes I know I owe you all reviews of all the places I went to eat, I’ll get around to doing it soon, but in a fit of homesickness I decided to make myself (and the Chili Padi) one of Harry’s all time favorite pies: The Tiger.

IMG_5006 Harry’s Cafe de Wheels – Woolloomooloo, Sydney

Harry’s Tiger Pie

  • Chunky beef pie ( I had to settle for using a microwave-able but still Aussie pie)
  • Potato
  • Milk
  • Butter
  • Frozen Peas
  • Instant Gravy Mix
  • Mushrooms

Directions

  1. Cut and quarter potato and boil until it becomes soft
  2. Strain and place boiled potato into blender
    1. Add Milk and Butter to taste
    2. Blend until potato becomes soft and creamy
  3. Boil peas until soft
  4. Strain and place boiled peas into blender
    1. Add Milk and Butter to taste
    2. Blend until potato becomes soft and creamy
  5. In a small pot add instant gravy mix and cook to directions
    1. Roughly chop 4-5 mushrooms and add to sauce
    2. Cook until mushrooms become semi hard
  6. Cook meat pie in microwave/oven as per packet directions
  7. Once pie is cooked apply the following to the top if the pie
    1. Mash Potato
    2. Creamed Peas
    3. Make a small well in the middle of the pie and apply gravy to the well

Harry's Comes to SingaporeThat’s about it.. some points of note though.  It’s best of you can get your hands on a good quality meat pie and when you cook it I recommend you bake it so you can get the pie pastry extra crunchy.

Bon Appétit – Sidney

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails