My Elastic Pants Headlines

Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Simple Life..

@ Sin Ming Cook House / Bakery / Whateva

Of all things that I miss from Sydney is a steak sandwich.  Don’t get me wrong Singapore does have a lot of nice and tasty Western food, but I have not thus far found a true blue Aussie steak sandwich.

Sinking my teeth into a nice juicy steak sandwich has been on my mind for quite a while now; after finding a recipe for some tomato chutney on Bestrecipes.com.au it was time to bring my visions of a steak sandwich to life!

Steak Sandwich & Tomato Chutney 

Tomato Chutney  Submitted by: Melissa (BestRecipes.com.au)

  1. 4 large red capsicums, chopped
  2. 500 g tomatoes, chopped
  3. 4 medium onions, chopped
  4. 2 tablespoons salt
  5. 2 cups white vinegar
  6. 1½ cups sugar
  7. 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
  8. 2 tablespoons flour
  9. ¼ teaspoon paprika
  10. ¼ teaspoon turmeric
  11. ½ cup water
  12. ¼ teaspoon chili powder (I added this myself for a little extra kick!)

Directions:

  • Combine the capsicums, tomatoes and onions in a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and let stand for 2 hours and then drain.
  • Combine the vinegar, sugar and mustard seeds in a large saucepan and stir over low heat until sugar dissolves.
  • Bring to the boil and add the capsicum mixture. Boil for 10 minutes.
  • Combine the flour, paprika, turmeric and mix to a smooth paste with the water.
  • Add to the chutney mixture and stir until boiling. Reduce heat and simmer for an hour.
  • Pour into hot, sterilised jars and seal

Steak Sandwich with Tomato Chutney

Steak

The steak itself was as easy as cheese..

  • Simply fry some onions in butter then lightly salt and pepper the steak
  • Sear the steak in a shallow pan for 1-2 minutes on each side
  • Lay on toasted sour-dough bread
  • Top with Tomato Chutney
  • Add fried bacon bits and finally top with rocket lettuce

Bon Appétit – Sidney

2 comments:

  1. Very good! I think that you have done a great job! FANTASTIC!!!!
    It really new thing that I saw in ur website..It so good …………………


    Bakery Equipment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Prolix, I try to update my site daily!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails