@ Sin Ming Cook House / Bakery / Whateva
What’s a boy to do when he’s got a 120g of sirloin steak? Why black pepper steak I hear you all say. Well that is exactly what I did today for lunch.
Black Pepper Steak
- 120g sirloin steak
- 3 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- In a heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and brown slightly.
- Add pepper and heat for 1 ½ minutes.
- Add flour, stir, and add beef broth and wine, and bring to the boil stirring all the time, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes until sauce is reduced by about one third
- Add butter to saucepan and cook steak for 1-2 minutes each side (rare)
Steak is good.. steak is yum!
Bon Appétit – Sidney