@ Sin Ming Cook House / Bakery / Whateva
I always love eating Pancakes; back to the time when I was knee high I would remember my grandma back in Sydney whipping me up some on request. Well times have changed and when one has a pancake craving I turn to Bill Granger and his recipe for Buttermilk Pancakes – thanks Bill :)
Bill’s Buttermilk Pancakes – Taken from Bills Food (makes 6*) *I’ve halved the ingredients, I was only cooking for one
- 125g (1 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) of buttermilk
- 38g unsalted butter; melted
- Stir the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a bowl. Add the egg, buttermilk and butter then whisk.
- Heat a skillet / frying pan, brush a small amount of unsalted butter.
- Ladle about 1/2 a cup onto the skillet / frying pan, cook for 2 minutes, on bubbles forming flip and cook for 1 minute.
- To caramelize fruit coat the fruit in sugar and apply to frying pan until sugar begins to melt.
- For a little more fun add some cointreau!
Best served with maple syrup and freshly whipped cream