My Elastic Pants Headlines

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Patter-cake, Pan-cake Baker’s Man..

@ Sin Ming Cook House / Bakery / Whateva

Pancakes

I always love eating Pancakes; back to the time when I was knee high I would remember my grandma back in Sydney whipping me up some on request.  Well times have changed and when one has a pancake craving I turn to Bill Granger and his recipe for Buttermilk Pancakes – thanks Bill :)

Bill’s Buttermilk Pancakes – Taken from Bills Food (makes 6*) *I’ve halved the ingredients, I was only cooking for one

  • 125g (1 1/2 cups) plain flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 tablespoon of sugar
  • 1 egg lightly beaten
  • 375ml (1 1/2 cups) of buttermilk
  • 38g unsalted butter; melted

Ingredients

Directions 

  1. Stir the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a bowl.  Add the egg, buttermilk and butter then whisk.
  2. Heat a skillet / frying pan, brush a small amount of unsalted butter.
  3. Ladle about 1/2 a cup onto the skillet / frying pan, cook for 2 minutes, on bubbles forming flip and cook for 1 minute.

PancakesCooking

Optional

  1. To caramelize fruit coat the fruit in sugar and apply to frying pan until sugar begins to melt.
  2. For a little more fun add some cointreau!

Best served with maple syrup and freshly whipped cream

PancakesFinished Bon Appétit – Sidney

1 comment:

  1. damn * slurps *

    mate, you're enticing me to do some pancakes myself!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails