@ Sin Ming Cook House / Bakery / Whateva
A quick and easy brunch / lunch-time treat- it’s easy really it is!
Living alone is never a good thing when one likes to cook. You invariably find yourself cooking way too much of anything or your end up with a surplus of raw ingredients and no idea with what to do with them; case in point my brunch.
Looking into the fridge/freezer for something to eat (I generally prefer eating at home than eating out) I found I had the following waiting to be cooked:
- 1/2 Baguette
- 1 Brinjal
- Pork Bratwurst
- 2 Tomatoes
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
So off I went trying to rack my brain with what to cook; the result was something of a hybrid between a Bruschetta and a Canapé. At least I managed to satisfy my hunger and clear the fridge of left over ingredients before they went bad (which happens from time to time). Anyways here’s how the whole dish went down:
- Cut 4- 6 slices from the baguette approximately 1 inch thick
- Drizzle a generous amount of EVOO on one side of the bread
- Throw said bread in oven toaster/grill (EVOO side up) and bake until the top browns
- Cut 4- 6 slices from the brinjal 1/2 an inch thick
- Drizzle a generous amount of EVOO on one side
- Sprinkle salt and chili power on the EVOO-ed top
- Bake in oven toaster grill for 5-10 minutes
- Place pork sausage into pan of boiling water and cook for 5 minutes
- You can use any type of sausage for this dish but the sweetness of the pork goes well with the bread and brinjal
- In the oil left by the sausage lightly sear 4-6 tomato wedges
Stack the ingredients atop the baguette in the following order:
And volla, you’re done! Simple yeah?
Bon Appétit - Sidney