My Elastic Pants Headlines

Monday, November 9, 2009

Chocolate Mint Truffles @ Sin Ming

@ Sin Ming Bakery / Cook House / Whateva

Okay well this whole blog cannot be solely dedicated to  the review of restaurants now can it?  At the request of some of my long time “fans” I am also going to post up recipes of what deadly concoctions I manage to cook, eat and survive in my kitchen.

On Saturday evening I decided to try a Chocolate Mint Truffle recipe that I managed to find in a free local magazine called ISMagazine.  It is amazing what you can find in free publications these days.

Oh by the way I must state here that all the recipes that I endeavor to cook are from cook books/magazines/word of mouth /the internet with of course a little bit of “let’s try adding this” thrown in.

So here’s the recipe in a nutshell, what you will need are the following:

  • 200 grams cooking chocolate
  • 200 grams thicken cream
  • 30 grams fresh mint leaves
  • 30 grams coco powder for dusting

ChocolateMintTruffles_The_Ingredients

And that my friends is it.. really it’s not an extensive shopping list, no need to rob the bank to buy your ingredients, quick and easy, just the way cooking should be! (with a little fun thrown in on the side)

Now here’s the hard part.  Get ready..

  1. Wash your mint leaves (you don’t want any nasty surprises when you bite into your truffle now do you?)
  2. Pour cream and mint leaves into a pot and bring to a boil
  3. Measure cooking chocolate into a mixing bowl
  4. Once cream is boiling, turn off the fire and let the mint sit for an additional 10 minutes
  5. Remove and strain the mint
  6. Combine infused cream with cooking chocolate and mix
  7. Pour contents into tray and refrigerate for at least an hour (preferably over night)

ChocolateMintTruffles_Cooking The next morning shape and dust your truffles.. and volla you’re done.  Yes it is really that easy, I kid you not!

ChocolateMintTruffles_FinishedProduct

See it’s that easy, you roll / shape your truffles any which way you like; best served cold and allowed to melt on your tongue!

Bon Appétit - Sidney

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails